The day starts in Port Melbourne with some essential sniff and social time and a chance for the pooches to introduce their fur-parents before boarding Bella, the dog welcoming bus and heading off on our adventure.
On route to the Black Cat Truffles in the outer Daylesford region, we will enjoy a light morning tea and some pooch play time at a gorgeous off-lead park.
A welcoming glass of sparkling wine and truffle tasting awaits us before we explore the mystery of these ‘black nuggets'.
After we watch the trained dogs sniff out the truffles, it is time for our pooches to enjoy their very own truffle treasure hunt. A private wine tasting finishes our visit to the truffle orchard and it now time to weave our way to lunch.
With the wonderful world of truffles unlocked, relax over a three-course truffle inspired lunch while the pooches get pupcorn, movie and a massage on Bella with our talented and experienced dog carers.
Our team will take care of everything, so just sit back, pop your paws up and enjoy the day.
Pesky but important information
- Only 2 dogs per person
- All guests must be 18 years or over
- All dogs must be de-sexed and have a current vaccination certificate to C5 level (this is the yearly Kennel Cough component). These must be provided prior to the tour.
- Sorry no refunds under any circumstances. We can transfer you to another tour with 2 weeks notice.
- Full T&C's HERE
- Light picnic morning tea
- Truffle orchard is located near Daylesford – Black Cat Truffles.
- Private guided truffle orchard tour for the adults. Our dogs will remain outside the orchard area while this is being conducted with our carer.
- Sparkling wine on arrival at truffle orchard
- Truffle tasting
- Private wine tasting
- Dogs will have a truffle treasure hunt where a sliver of truffle will be buried in an edible toy in the ground. Each dog will get to find a toy with the truffle and treat inside.
- 3 course truffle inspired lunch at Farmers Arms in Creswick plus a glass of wine.
- Personalised treats and a doggy gift bag.
- Water for all guests.
- Pupcorn and movie for the pooches.
- Climate controlled dog welcoming bus with seat belts for all 2 and 4 legged guests.
- A dedicated host/driver and dog carers to look after the dogs over lunch and to assist at the truffle orchard.
Purchasing Truffles to bring home
- If you would like to buy truffles to take home, you can purchase on the day or pre-order from Black Cat Truffles, call (03) 5334 5563.
- We can cater for most dietary requirements, please specify this in the booking form.
- If you have a specific food allergy, we ask that you state this on the booking form. Each venue will advise us their tolerance capability to food allergies and we will inform you.
- If you require medication for allergies please bring this on the tour.
What is not included.
- Additional wine, cider, beer or produce purchases at any of the venues.
- Truffles except for the tasting
- Photos from any photographic sessions.
- Transport to and from meeting point in Port Melbourne.
Look out for Bella the dog welcoming bus.
- We meet at Rest Stop G (circular toilet block) The Boulevard, Port Melbourne.
- There is free all day parking along the beach side and it is easy access to the M1 freeway.
- Please consider any fun runs, festivals or events which may affect your journey to Port Melbourne.
- All adults must be 18 years or over.
- All dogs must be de-sexed and have a current vaccination certificate to C5 level with certificates prior to the tour. We are happy to contact your Vet to get these certificates if this helps. Let us know when you book.
- To assist with being able to move around, only 2 dogs per person.
- It is essential your dog is in good health and able to socialise with other dogs and humans.
- To assist us preparing for your day, please tell us a little about your dog in the booking form.
- Please arrive on time to allow the dogs to socialise before getting on the bus.
- If you cannot make it, give us 2 weeks notice and we are happy to transfer you to another Truffle Hunt Tour only. Sorry no refunds or transfers to other tours.
- No retractable leads as these can present a hazard in a group.
- For full Terms and Conditions - Here
- Upload your dog's certificates HERE
- We can accept certificates emailed but we cannot accept certificates sent on via mobile phone messenger.
What to bring
- Clothing and shoes appropriate to the weather and walking.
A towel to dry off your dog.
Flat collar and lead with ID tag attached to collar.
Read more about
No retractable leads as these can present a safety issue when walking in a group.
Are you visiting from outside of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and looking for a unique Winery Tour experience - we welcome you with or without a dog. You can even 'loan' Chief Paw Officer Diesel for the day! Just let us know in the booking form and Diesel will be ready to show you around the great wine regions of Victoria.
Yes! please join us for a great day out. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional experience true to Our Philosophy of being Happy, Healthy and Safe.
If your Guide Dog/Puppy or Assistance/Dog Puppy either working or in training is not de-sexed we are happy to discuss in a bit more detail how the day goes to ensure it is the right experience for you and your special paws.
Please contact us prior to booking so we can accommodate any specific needs.