Early Puppy Prices
Book before 31 May 2107
Time 8am - 4pm
- Limit of 2 dogs per person
- All dogs must be dexesed and have a current C5 level vaccination to attend
- Full T&C's Here
The tour starts in Port Melbourne with some essential sniff time and a chance for the pooches to introduce their hoomans. We then time to board Bella, our dog welcoming bus, and head off on our adventure.
On route to the Black Cat Truffles in the Daylesford region, we will enjoy a light morning tea and some pooch play time at a gorgeous off-lead park.
A welcoming glass of sparkling wine awaits us before we explore the mystery of these ‘black nuggets'. After we watch the trained dogs sniff out the truffles, it is time for our pooches to enjoy their very own truffle treasure hunt and then a private wine tasting before boarding Bella and off to lunch.
With the wonderful world of truffles unlocked, it’s time for a 3 course truffle inspired lunch. Our team of talented dog carers will pamper, pat and treat the pooches while you enjoy lunch and a personalised wine tasting.escription.
- Light picnic morning tea
- Truffle orchard is located near Daylesford – Black Cat Truffles.
- Private guided truffle orchard tour for the adults. Our dogs will remain outside the orchard area while this is being conducted with our carer.
- Sparkling wine on arrival at truffle orchard
- Truffle tasting
- Private wine tasting
- Dogs will have a truffle treasure hunt where a sliver of truffle will be buried in an edible toy in the ground. Each dog will get to find a toy with the truffle and treat inside.
- 3 course truffle inspired lunch at Farmers Arms in Creswick plus a glass of wine.
- Personalised treats and a doggy gift bag.
- Water for all guests.
- Pupcorn and movie for the pooches.
- Climate controlled dog welcoming bus with seat belts for all 2 and 4 legged guests.
- A dedicated host/driver and dog carers to look after the dogs over lunch and to assist at the truffle orchard.
Purchasing Truffles to bring home
- If you would like to buy truffles to take home, you can purchase on the day or pre-order from Black Cat Truffles, call (03) 5334 5563.
- We can cater for most dietary requirements, please specify this in the booking form.
- If you have a specific food allergy, we ask that you state this on the booking form. Each venue will advise us their tolerance capability to food allergies and we will inform you.
- If you require medication for allergies please bring this on the tour.
What to bring
- Clothing and shoes appropriate to the weather and walking.
- A towel to dry off your dog.
- Flat collar and lead with ID tag attached to collar.
- No retractable leads as these can present a safety issue when walking in a group.
What is not included.
- Additional wine, cider, beer or produce purchases at any of the venues.
- Truffles except for the tasting
- Photos from any photographic sessions.
- Transport to and from meeting point in Port Melbourne.
- All dogs must be de-sexed and have a current vaccination certificate to C5 level with certificates prior to the tour. We are happy to contact your Vet to get these certificates if this helps. Let us know when you book.
- To assist with being able to move around, only 2 dogs per person.
- It is essential your dog is in good health and able to socialise with other dogs and humans. We need to know of any behavioural issues, medical conditions, allergies, and/or contagious illnesses.
- Dogs showing signs of kennel cough or any other contagious illness will not be able to come.
- We request that you arrive in time to allow the dogs to socialise before getting on the bus.
- When you have booked your tour you can choose to have us contact your vet and get the certificates on your behalf, just let us know in the booking your Vet's name or you can upload your dog's certificates HERE
Read more about Our Philosophy
Look out for Bella the dog welcoming bus - meet Bella
- We meet at Rest Stop G (circular toilet block) The Boulevard, Port Melbourne.
- There is free all day parking along the beach side and it is easy access to the M1 freeway.
- Please consider any fun runs, festivals or events which may affect your journey to Port Melbourne.
- All adults must be 18 years or over.
- All dogs must be de-sexed and have a current vaccination certificate to a C5 level (this is the yearly kennel cough component).
- If you cannot make the tour and give us 2 weeks notice, we are happy to transfer you to another Truffle Hunt Tour only. Sorry no refunds or transfers to other tours.
- Maximum of 2 dogs per person to assist with being able to move around.
- No retractable leads as these can present a hazard in a group.
- For full Terms and Conditions - Here
Q: What is the group size?
Maximum of 10 dogs for the Doggy Winery Tours and Truffle Hunt Tours.
Other events or special tours may have different numbers depending on venue capacity
Q: Are the dogs allowed on the bus seats?
Yes, we have seat covers and dog seat belts for each dog.
Q: How many dogs can I take on the tour?
To ensure everyone is comfortable and easily able to enjoy the day, we limit each person to 2 dogs.
Q: Can children under the age of 18 come?
No, due to the nature of the tour involving wine tasting in licensed premises, the close proximity of dogs on the bus and liquor licensing regulations we are unable to take anyone under the age of 18 years on public tours.
Q: How much notice will I receive if the tour is to be cancelled?
We will advise you within 18 hours of the tour departure time.
Q: What happens if it is raining?
We still conduct the tour in all weather, please dress appropriately.
Q: Can you organise a special ‘breeder’ trip where dogs do not need to be de-sexed?
Yes, we are happy to have non de-sexed dogs as part of a private group.