Fri 8 Sept 2017 - Sun 10 Sept 2017
Depart at 2pm on the Friday and arrive back at 3pm on the Sunday.
Early Puppy Offer
Book Sept 2017 weekend before 30 June 2017 with early puppy prices
- non-refundable unless the weekend is cancelled
The weekend starts with a glass of sparkling as we depart Port Melbourne.
With the pooches perched on their own seat taking in the scenery, we head down the bay to Rye and our luxury cottage accommodation.Read More
After settling in and exploring the 3 gorgeous cottages and their gardens, we take a stroll to the off leash beach so our fur-friends can sniff and wander to their heart’s content.
Meanwhile our private chef will be preparing dinner with stunning wines. The pooches may have already retired to bed or be wondering if any of the Main Ridge Dairy cheese platter has accidentally fallen their way.
Breakfast hamper at the cottage kick starts Saturday morning before we journey to Flinders Beach and then Red Hill.
A well-deserved picnic lunch awaits us after the scenic walk to Arthur Seat, while our furry best friends get some cuddles with our dog carer, as we relax and soak in the amazing views.
Enjoy a pampering afternoon with the 2 legged guests being chauffeured to Peninsula Hot Springs to explore over 20 bathing experiences including a 360 degree hilltop view pool.
The pooches have not been forgotten! A professional canine myotherapist will provide a gentle relaxation massage to enhance your dog’s health and well being.
Saturday night is a fabulous 4 course wine and food dinner prepared by our private chef is the perfect way to complete our day.
A visit to McClelland Gallery Sculpture Park and a leisurely lunch completes our Gourmet Weekend Getaway.
Our staff will take care of every detail of the weekend, so all you have to do is relax, explore the venue and enjoy being in the company of wine, food and dog lovers.
- 2 x dinners at the cottages with private catering and wines
- One night a gourmet BBQ with a Main Ridge Dairy cheese platter
- One night is a 4 course wine and food matching evening
- 2 x breakfasts
- Picnic lunch at Arthur Seat
- Two course lunch with wine at McClelland Gallery.
- Climate control chauffeuring in our 45 seat dog friendly bus – Bella.
- Entry to Peninsula Hot Springs for 2 hours of mineral spa pampering.
- Entry into McClelland Gallery Sculpture Park.
- Pooch pampering massage from a qualified professional canine myotherapist
- Complimentary doggy gift pack.
- 2 x dedicated staff
- Bottled water for adults.
- Dogs will sleep inside on their own beds.
- We can cater for most dietary requirements, please specify this in the booking form.
- If you have a specific food allergy, we ask that you state this on the booking form. Each venue will advise us their tolerance capability to food allergies and we will inform you.
- If you require medication for allergies please bring this on the tour.
What is not included
- Additional wine or produce purchases at the venues.
- Additional drink purchases at the lunch venues.
- Spa treatments at Peninsula Hot Springs.
- Towel, robe or locker hire at Peninsula Hot Springs.
- Dog food.
- Transport to and from Port Melbourne.
- We meet at Rest Stop G (circular toilet block) The Boulevard, Port Melbourne.
- We suggest getting a Silver Top taxi to the meeting point. They will take dogs with advance notice.
- Please consider any fun runs, festivals or events which may affect your journey to Port Melbourne.
Read more about Our Philosophy
- All dogs must be de-sexed and have a current vaccination certificate to C5 level (this is the kennel cough component) with certificates provided prior to the tour. We are happy to contact your Vet to get these certificates if this helps. Let us know when you book. Please note we cannot accept any dogs on the tour if these certificates are not provided prior to the tour
- To assist with being able to move around, only 2 dogs per person.
- It is essential your dog is in good health and able to socialise with other dogs and humans. We need to know of any behavioural issues, medical conditions, allergies, and/or contagious illnesses.
- Dogs showing signs of kennel cough or any other contagious illness will not be able to come.
- We request that you arrive in time to allow the dogs to socialise before getting on the bus.
- When you have booked your tour you can choose to have us contact your vet and get the certificates on your behalf, just let us know in the booking your Vet's name or you can upload your dog's certificates HERE
- Your personal belongings in 1 small suitcase or bag.
- Dog bed and food bowl.
- Dog food (we think it is best they stick to their usual diet).
- Walking shoes (5km walk from Red Hill to Arthurs Seat).
- Dog ID tag connected to collar.
- Flat collars and leads only. No retractable leads as these can present a safety issue when in a group situation
- Poop bags.
- Dress for the weather.
- 2 night accommodation in luxury dog friendly cottages in Rye.
- Shared room with either a king single, double or queen bed.
- Shared bathroom facilities.
- Obviously 1 person per bed unless you tell us otherwise!
- Each room accommodates 2 people.
- There are 3 cottages with varying room configurations.
- We will endeavour to get friends together and to meet any special requirements however please understand this will depend on the group numbers.
- A maximum of 10 adults and dogs.
- Minimum number of 7 adults is required by 19 Feb 2017 for the weekend to proceed.
- All adults must be 18 years or over.
- All dogs must be de-sexed and have a current vaccination certificate to a C5 level (this is the kennel cough component). These certificates must be provided prior to the tour.
- Sorry no refunds.
- Maximum of 2 dogs per person to assist with being able to move around.
- No retractable leads as these can present a hazard in a group.
For full Terms and Conditions - Here
Q: How many adults and dogs can attend
Max 10 adults and dogs.
Q:Is there a minimum number of adults/dogs for the tour to proceed?
Yes we must have 7 adults.
Q:How many dogs can I take?
Only 2 dogs per person, so it is easy to manage
Q:Can I use a gift voucher for this event?
Yes, just enter the code at the check out section of the booking process
Q:Are other animals besides dogs allowed to come?
Sorry we cannot accept any other animals.
Q:Can I smoke at the accommodation?
Yes, outside only and at the front of the accommodation.
Q: Can I bring my own drinks?
Yes if you wish.
Q:Why is there a charge for the dogs
We need to manage numbers of dogs and ensure our staff can care for them.